Thursday, August 18, 2011

Today was just another day disabled. I am finding it more difficult to do things I used to do for granted. Like tying things or even opening a can with a can opener. I can still do it but it is just becoming more of a challenge. I get some strange sensations in the back of my head. Not painful kind of like the hair standing on end. I had to put a new tennis ball on my walker and I cut my finger. Not bad. It didn't really even bleed but that too is not normal for me. I feel weaker and when I sleep I am really out. Emily called me and sent me a text while I was taking a nap. Normally in the past I would have woken up but for the last few weeks now I have slept through the ring even with the phone on the highest ring. I had a really bad tremor today but this one began in my right shoulder. It didn't last long but it was there.
Cottia seems to be settling into school and Eva is back in the routine with maw maw. Emily is back at work full time and I feel useless. I wash dishes and try to do some things but I feel I am more in the way than a help even though I try to do things. But, I should count my blessings. I can still dress myself even if it is only shorts and sandles and I can shave and shower and just hope I never lose those abilities. The pain in the feet is not as intense today but it is still there.
tomorrow we see the neurologist and I can only hope he finds some answers so we can begin to truly move forward. I am excited and at the same time nervous and scared of what we may be finding. Emily is going so that should help me remember things I would forget. I am just ready for it to be over.
I appreciate all your prayer tonight about tomorrow and will blog about what the neuroligst says.

No comments:

Post a Comment