Thursday, August 11, 2011

I decided to go ahead and post another blog. I think the important lesson from today is I got up. I went to therapy and while I was weak and very tired, I did do some simple work in PT and spent most of my time in speech therapy talking about what had happened and how that affected my speech. I have really grown to consider my speech therapist a friend as well as a person who is here to help me get my life back on track. She always had doubts that I could do even 20 hrs a week and she said it is ok for me to go through a time of mourning because this is the end of a dream and goals I had set for myself. Now, I have to set new goals and work towards a new dream. She is so right and I will continue to work on these issues. She will be on vacation next week so I won't have speech therapy next week but we will pick up when she returns. During Pt I had to use the rest room and while getting into the rest room I stumbled a bit. I didn't fall but the physical therapist was there and he helped me so I didn't fall.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well last night. But, I was able to get some rest when I got home from therapy. Another irony of this, is that I had to update my resume prior to being terminated so it is updated and there are always insurance company's looking for good people so I have no doubt that once I am back up and running I will be able to get a job and move forward. But, for now, I am going to concentrate on getting better and restored to health. We still have some decisions to make as a family but we have also already made some of those decisions. So, while we may be down a bit, we are not our and our God is an awesome God and he is in control and that is all I can ever ask for. I just keep remembering there are always others that are in far worse shape than we are and we are still together and have each other and no one can ever take that away from us. Have a good night everyone. I have counseling tomorrow and a doctor's apt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment