Monday, August 8, 2011

Needless to say today it was HOT!! But, I am continuing to work hard. I have noticed a lot of improvment in my vocal tremors and I am able to hold a more fluent conversation especially at home or with folks that I am comfortable with. But, when I am away from home or on the phone it seems to be worse. I am working as hard as I can on the issue and still hold hope of returning. I also am trying to walk more without the walker. My legs hurt a lot but it is not the kind of pain one has after a workout it is way more intense. I think we are going to start working with a cane this week in physical therapy. I am not sure what we will do with Occupational therapy but I have it tomorrow and then once next week until I see the neurologist on the 19th. I have a lot to go over with him so I hope he has the time to hear all I have to say and I hope Emily is able to go with me.

Cottia spent the night with Chloe last night but we are glad to have her back home tonight. The house is so quiet without her even if Eva is here. It was great having Jason here and he adds a lot to our family.
I had a tremor today but this was in the right hand and very much like a parkinsons tremor. Slower and more intense. I am not sure what it means but I will discuss with my doctors when I see them next week.
One of the major concerns I have is my medications. I don't know what the neurologist will say but I do know that the medicine my doctor has me on helps a lot. The problem is what will happen when I come off of it. I guess we will find out. The rest of the week will be very busy between therapy and counseling then next week I have something pretty much every day between the doctors and therapy and counseling. I just hope next week gives us some answers.
So, to end today, I hope everyone has a great night and may God richly bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment