Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today brought some good news. We found out that as long as I am considered disabled I don't have to pay the premium for the disability. I'm not sure about the life insurance yet but I do intend to port that as there are no health questions. Disability means the inability for me to do my job and given all the issues I am beginning to feel we are in good shape compared to so many others. God has richly blessed us and despite it all I would not trade my life for anyone else....well.....maybe Donald Trump without all the wives. Now that we have a diagnosis and have learned that this can last a while and even a lifetime I have to assess where I am. But, I am more determined than ever to beat this thing or at least get as much of my life back as possible.
I had a good day at therapy and even walked 200 feet with the walker. I think the Physical therapist is worried given all the falls lately. My ankles are really hurting right now but I did it and am very proud of that. Occupational therpay also went pretty well but I could not finish the final exercise because my left upper arm where the pacemaker is began to really hurt. Speech also went well. I still stutter a lot and did not do as well on the metronome exercise as I have been doing but I think that is due to the fall and that we did not have meet at all last week. But, it was a good day and with all of the issues we have been through having some good news is really wonderful.
Also, now that I have this diagnosis we have to figure out what triggered it and one thing that comes to mind is this happened was when I returned to work still struggling with incontinence. I let them know and that it was important for me to be near a toilet. I spoke with the HR manager whose name is Stan Saucier. But, where they put me was first not near a toilet and the closest I got was to a toilet that only had one toilet. When I had an issue there was someone in it. No one told me where any other toilets were so I went to where I thought there would be another. While there was and there were three they were also being used so I had to go to another floor. By this time it was too late. I called my wife from the bathroom in tears because of the embarrassment and the next day I had off and that is when this disorder hit. Is it connected? I don't know for sure but it is interesting that to this day I still struggle with incontinence and worry about being around others. I am going to go back through my blogs and see if I can find the date I called Mr. Saucier and spoke with him but if I can't find it I know the doctor's office will have it because I know I called the day I saw the doctor in March. The bottom line is they did not do everything possible to accommodate me when I informed them of this issue and it may have led to this disorder and if we can prove that and OCEA gets involved then who knows what may happen. I guess we will just have to see how God moves in all of this but it certainly is an interesting issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment