Sunday, August 21, 2011

Today was Church day and I will admit that I did not get to listen to the Sunday School lesson even though I had planned to. I did, however, talk and seek the advice of a trusted friend but I feel bad that I didn't get anything out of the lesson the teacher had prepared. The class has gone out of it's way to accommadate (sp) me and I grately appreciate that. This is not going to be a every Sunday event and I do want to learn from our teacher and I know as a former teacher how frustrating it is when someone is not listening. I did make my way to the sanctuary and usually I can hear a lot better but for some reason I was not able to hear as much as I usually do today. I think there is a speaker in the brides room but it was not on today. So, I tried as best I could to focus on the sermon but I'll admit I couldn't hear like I normally do. I have been known to fall asleep back there but I have tried very hard to stay awake and listen because I want to grow and now is the time for growth.
Last night my wife told me she was worried that my blogs have focused too much on the negative so I went back and read several and all I can say is I have tried to be as honest as I can and because most of the things that have happened lately have been negative maybe I have forgetton to mention how incredibly blessed I feel I am with my wife and children so I want to make sure that everyone knows that despite it all I feel blessed and loved. I would appreciate any feedback on these blogs. Does anyone read them? Are they helpful? Am I too negative? Do I show enough of how I love and appreciate all that I do have? Please be honest because I find the blogs to be very helpful for me to let out all my emotions and how I am feeling. But, I want people to understand the facts of the situation and that requires honesty.
After Church today we went out to eat and I had a pretty good tremor during the meal. Emily calmly put her hand on my leg which just her touch helps but this one persisted for a few minutes and caused a bit of a headache. On our way out I used the ramp to get to the car and of course I had my walker. Well, I fell forward. I am not sure if the walker just got away from me or exactly what happened. But, I have a pretty good scratch on my right arm and I bled a little on my left leg. I am in some pain right now but that is to be expected and I know I will have a pretty good bruise but I didn't go to the hospital and I didn't go to a doctor because there was just no need. I came home took my medicine and basically slept the afternoon away. Now, let's concentrate on the good things. First and foremost I saw the kindness of complete strangers and a very great family friend as they came together to get me up and in the car. Emily and Freda made sure the girls got out of sight because that was my first concern. I didn't want them to see me like that. I didn't know at the time but apparently Eva was crying. I think Cottia has come to realise these things are just going to happen to daddy. The other thing is ironically enough I cannot find a single splinter and the ramp is wooden so I would have expected to have some splinters but I didn't. Next, I didn't hit my tail bone which is in enough pain as it is so that is good news. All I have suffered is a few scratches and bruises but nothing other than that. The goodness of these men who helped I have never seen before and I don't know if I ever will and frankly I don't even remember their faces but they did what a true Christian would have done and we can all learn a lesson from that. So, that makes two falls in two days and all since the news of conversion disorder so I don't know if they are connected but I have to wonder.
Now to some of the better news of the day. The girls got to go swimming with mama and they seem to have had a good time. Both girls crawled up in the bed with me to check on me and kiss my boo boo. I love them so much and it is obvious they love their daddy.They were both worn out after swimming and I think they will get a good nights sleep. tomorrow is another day and the beginning of a new week. So, I want to try to do as much as I can as I can to be positive while telling the story as it unfolds. So, once again, I appreciate your feedback. Have a good night everyone and may God bless. Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment