Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Today didn't start very well. I got up and thought I had turned off the alarm so it would not wake Emily and she could sleep a little. I was using the bathroom when I heard it go off. I really thought I had turned it off but I had not and it did wake her but luckily she did go back to sleep. I am not sure how long she was able to sleep because I had to leave for therapy but at least she did get to sleep in a little. Tomorrow should be better as I don't have therapy only a dr apt at 11:15. It is with my cardiologist and we have a lot to discuss. I am learning more and more to depend on my calendar on my phone because I forget to much.
Therapy went pretty well. My bp did move around but not too bad. It was high but the biggest thing was before we even began working out and at complete rest my heart rate was at 100 kind of fast and they did say the BP readings were faint so these things will need to be addressed. But, the main event was speech therapy. I am so glad to be with a doctor of speech and I know I am getting the best care possible. One thing she asked was my voice higher, lower, or the same since this event in March. I didn't know so I texted Emily and she said she had not really thought about it much but she thought it was lower. The reason that is important is even a slight change shows something physical happened instead of just in my head. So, if you read this and know me I know it is a lot to think about but do you feel my voice has changed in anyway or is it the same as it was before the incident in March. I tend to think it is a bit lower. But, I don't know for sure. I do know I get tired talking even though I like to talk. The bottom line is the more we can give the doctors the more we can find a reason for all of this and hopefully prevent it from getting any worse or coming back on me.
Occupational therapy I felt went well but I was so tired and I noticed that my right hand felt weaker than normal. The tingling in my arms continues.
I came home and tried to do a few things to help Emily. She at least got some time to read a book while Eva napped and Cottia watched some TV so that was good. I napped as is normal but I am going to bed earlier now trying to get my body on a different type of schedule. Now earlier is 11pm or at the latest 11:30.
One other thing the speech therapist thing did say is she wants to do so much with me and she will not be done with me by August 28th but hopefully my job will find something I can do while continueing speech therapy. God willing I will be able to do something even if it is just updating addresses. It is all in his hands now.
So, it was another interesting day but God continues to be in control and I feel his presence everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment