Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So today was therapy day but they got me double booked so I had to choose between Speech and Physical Therapy so I chose speech as it is more important in getting back to work. I really hope we can make the deadline and am working extra hard. My scores and fluency are improving the key I think really will be does Colonial want me back. I may have some issues but I am working as hard as I can. I did ask my Dr of speech therapy about Parkinson's and she said it is a definently a possiblity but it is important to point out that she is a doctor of speech therapy and not a medical doctor but that makes my counselor and speech therapist that think parkinsons is a real possibility and after reading the symptoms I agree that it is a possibility. If it turns out that it is Parkinson's plenty of people can live productive lives and I will work extra hard to make things work.
I did get to do occupational therapy and they did an assessment. One thing we learned is it seems I do better with weights on my arms but we are going to continue to work with the weight which is 1 and a half pounds to see if it makes a difference in my scores.
I just wish I did not get so tired. Worn down but I am trying to make all adjustments necessary to return to work.
I received the long term paperwork today and man what a mess. I have already messed it up and will have to request some new copies tomorrow. I don't understand why they would need me to do a job questioner when my resume is already on file and so is my work history. Make no sense other than to make me work harder to get disability in case I am terminated. Please just pray that I am able to make those 20 hrs a week.
So, that is about it. Emily and the girls are fine and we as a family are also fine and God is so good even in the midst of this storm but I do think we are narrowing in on the cause of it all and will go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment