Sunday, July 10, 2011

I didn't blog yesterday so today's blog may be a bit long. Of course long for me is 2 or 3 paragraphs!! LOL. My wife and girls left yesterday for the beach and so I am home by myself. I will admit it is scary to a degree but I have my phone with me at all times and getting around the house is not too bad for me. I have learned how to navigate the house on my own anyway so the hardest part was last night when there was no noise in the house. It is amazing how quiet the house gets when the girls are not here. Emily made me some food before she left so I am good and yesterday Jason and Jordan went with me fishing so I got out of the house and this morning I went to breakfast at Church. I didn't stay for Church but I did enjoy the interaction with the folks there. My left leg is in some pain today but nothing too bad and I continue to have chest pains. But, the doctor said it would take some time for the new medicine to get in my system so I just have to be patient.
We had a guy fall at church who is in surgery right now with only a 10% chance to survive so it makes my problems seem so small. God has a way of putting things in perspective. There is always someone worse off than I am. I continue to fight and will not give in. I am determined to make that 20 hrs a week by the deadline given by my job. Right now though, I would ask everyone to pray for the guy that fell at our Church today and his family and that he will defy the odds.
I do have a busy week ahead with therapy and counseling so it will keep me from staying in the house everyday and will get me out.
Well, I guess that is it. I miss my family and hope they are having fun but it sure is quiet around here. Funny how you look forward to having some quiet time then when you get it you miss the noise. Really makes you appreciate what God has given you!

No comments:

Post a Comment