Thursday, July 28, 2011

An amendment to the earlier blog. The more I research the more I become convinced that what I have is Parkinson's. I noticed there is a difference between the distance from my second toe to the third toe on the left foot that is not there on the right and that the pain in my foot and ankle all are symptoms of Parkinson's. Combine that with everything else and it just makes sense. Emily has believed for years that I had Parkinson's based on the tremors in my hands and maybe the stress just triggered it to progress. Even the speech issues are related to Parkinson's and the balance issues and the falling which is almost always backwards although I have fallen forward as well. Memory issues and confusion are also symptoms. I printed the information and highlighted the symptoms I have and also tried to put them in my phone so I can discuss with the neurologist and my doctor. The doctor of speech therapy already said it is a distinct possibility. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. I don't want to get excited about this but just having an answer makes me excited. We may not know on the 19th but we will certainly share everything with this neurologist. And I see my regular doctor the 15th. Even constipation is a symptom which I have had to deal with for years to the point I have to take something to help me along. I have a very important few weeks ahead of me but I needed to add this admentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment