Monday, July 18, 2011

Again, not a very eventful day. My left leg has been in a lot of pain today but the therapists say that is a good thing because it means my nerves may be waking up. But, the pain is moving up from the toes to the thigh. I have had chest pains but they have been different and the tingling in my left fingers has been a bit more intense than normal as well but no pressure just pain. Strange. I think I am going to be one of those people that they just never quite figure out what is wrong and I just have to live with it. It is interesting just how I miss my coworkers. I don't talk about them as much as I should but so many of them have sent me words of encouragement and even cards and that means so much to me. I think it is also interesting how when we are at work we want days off and complain about our jobs and how difficult they can be. That is true of everyone. But, when your day is comprised of getting up, wearing sweat shorts because it is a struggle to put on jeans, making some breakfast and then trying to do some things so you don't feel like such a burden only to pay for it with so much pain and exhaustion that you fight to stay awake until noon or even 1 just so you don't sleep the day away when you take your medicine, you would give anything to hear that customer fuss or complain. We take so much for granted. So, today, I say take time to let the folks you work with know just how much they mean to you. Be thankful that you are healthy enough to work and even if you are sick be thankful that you have family and friends that support you no matter what. There are always those out there that are far worse off than you are and those customers make the day go by so much faster. Just to even be able to hold a conversation without struggling is a gift from God and right now I look for any and all his blessings. Life may be a struggle but it is still life and I miss my coworkers and all the laughter and love and caring and sharing we have been through the past 8 years. I can't even drive to see them or pay a visit right now but I know a lot of you read this blog so I just want you to know just how much I do miss you guys and the joy you bring to my heart. So, here's to PHS, my manager and my coworkers. Count your blessings and know that I love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment