Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Physical therapy discharged me today. He said and he is right that because I am getting around the house and can get out to go to Church then they can discharge. But, I am not to exercise without supervision due to the tremors. So, I am kind of in a quantry. I cannot drive due to the tremors and home physical therapy cannot come back because I can get around the house and can get to Church and out a bit. I called my doctor and spoke with a nurse and they said they do not want me driving because of the danger of the tremors. So, I am stuck at home at least for now. He did recomment outpatient therapy but I can't do that until the home health nurse and occcupational therapist have discharged me. I expect the occupational therapist to discharge me this week but I don't see the nurse until next week. I think she will stick with me for a while. It is a strange mix of emotions I feel right now. I am excited that I have made the progress I have made and that I do have some degree of independence but I am also scared because I simply don't know what to expect with these tremors and what about the falls. I guess I just have to leave it in God's hands. I do take it as a compliment that I have made the progress I have made but the pain continues in my back and legs. One thing the therapist did make clear was there are clearly medical issues that have to be addressed so it is now with my family doctor and the counselor. I meet with the counselor tomorrow and we will have a lot to discuss but clearly God is at work and I give him the praise and glory for it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment