Saturday, May 7, 2011

There is a lot I could say about today like the tremor I had and how tired I am but that all seems so repetitive so instead I will concentrate on the woman in my life. We, as men, spend way too much time blowing our own horns and not thanking the women in our lives who do so much including giving the birth to our children. I will never forget that day in the hospital in July when we were giving birth to our first born. A little girl you all know is the light of my life. But, the light requires power and that power comes from her mother. I remember when they laid that little baby on Emily and how she just looked at her and how she just said hello little one. My mother in law and I were both crying but not my wife. She sat there calmly loving and holding this precious gift that she had been given. Only a woman can give birth, we as men are cheerleaders. I can't always say she is perfect because that would be a lie but I can say that she is the best mother to my daughters that she can possible be. She is love. She is discipline. She is an example. She is a rock. She is the power behind the lights of my life. She is a mother and there is no one like her. So, today's blog is simply to thank my wife for being the mother to my children. The wife to my soul and the power behind the lights in this house. Without her our lives would be a much darker place. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY EMILY! YOU ARE ONE AWESOME MOTHER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment