Sunday, May 1, 2011

This morning I went to Church. My wonderful wife once again fixed my breakfast plate and I enjoyed a great breakfast. But, I decided to try to put my plate in the trash. That is when the first tremor hit. It wasn't too bad but I did spill what was left of my food which a very dear friend was kind enough to clean up. I made my way to the sanctuary to listen and do what I could to offer support for the praise and worship team. They did awesome and it was nice to be back with them. I have made a goal to sing a special by the end of the month so I asked Michelle to practice. We did. I am always amazed at God's grace. I know I am my own worse critic but I thought it went well. It was simple and not a high range but the voice was there. The one thing I have always relied on was there. The gift God gave me which I have not used as I should was still there. It was not as strong as it used to be and at times I felt it went a bit flat. But, it was there. I became excited and over stimulated and began to tremor. Members of the worship team were near by and brought me a chair so I could sit down and gain my composure but the voice was there. Some of the men of the Church helped me to the back of the Church and I remained in the brides area for the remainder of the morning. But, I had sung and I had sung in God's house. I know I have my work cut out for me but it was a start. After Church we went out to eat at Paparoni's. I made my way in the restaurant but I had a tremor right before sitting but I made it to my seat and through the meal. We came home and I took my valum. I think the problem this morning was two fold first I was stimulated about singing and I should have taken 10 mil instead of 5. The doctor has increased my dosage and I need to stick with that. Then, tonight, Cottia came around and sat on my lap like she usually does before bed. She loves for me to rock her it is our tradition and one I treasure. She made the comment that she liked me better before the walker because the walker made me look old. I asked her if she would love me either way and she said yes but I have to admit it did hurt that she hurts for me. I don't feel sorry for myself even though I do get down from time to time. But, I do worry about being less than the daddy they deserve. So, we rocked like we always do then I put her to bed with a hug and a kiss and a promise that I will continue to do all I can to get off the walker even if I have to walk with a walking stick. In a final twist of fate or God's had whichever you chose to believe, when I came back Mash was on. I never watch Mash. The story line was of a soilder who stuttered and believed himself to be dumb because he could not talk like others do. I won't get into the entire story but the jest of the story was one of the doctors found out this kids iq was above normal and then went on the explain great people in history who stuttered including Winston Churchhill. It spoke to me that no matter the infirmaties of this life God can make a person great all we have to do is look at the challenges we have as opportunities to serve him and prove his love and grace. So, I plan to sing by the end of the month. Honestly, I don't care at this point I don't care how well it goes as long as it is the best I can do. That is what God has done for me and I plan to do that for him. I still hope to sing "In my Daughter's Eyes." for Father's day so I have my work cut out for me. But, I also have goals and a Father in Heaven who will see me through to glorify his name. So, the day comes to a close. It was one of accomplishment, drama, pain, hurt, but it was also one of love and God's grace. I don't think I could ask for more.
On another note, Emily continues to heal from her broken foot. With all she has had to do I am amazed at how she has kept it together and she still does not ask for help. She just keeps going. I may have done a lot of things wrong in my life but one thing I did right was marrying that woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment