Saturday, May 28, 2011

Today we hosted Cottia's softball team's party. I think the girls had a good time and my wife went above and beyond the call of duty to make this a special day for all the girls. I know she is exhausted. I was able to sit out on the screened porch with the other fathers and talk and really enjoyed the conversation. I did try to help by doing little things but the other parents did most of the work along with my wife. I felt in some ways useless and in other ways deeply cared for. It was certainly an interesting range of emotions. But the fellowship and the fact that our home was filled with laughter and joy made my soul rejoice. When we bought this place we bought it for functions just like this. So, God has allowed us to continue to use the place he provided for the purpose we felt he gave it to us for. His plan continues and his mercies never stop.
After everything else she did my wife put together a toy box for the girls. I gave them baths and put them to bed but I know Emily has got to be worn our. I just hope she can get some sleep tonight.
Ironically enough even though I didn't do much at all I am also worn out. Next week will be a busy week with therapy and a visit to my cardiologist. Life goes on and this adventure goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment