Thursday, May 5, 2011

Today was not as bad as the other days this week. I did stumble last night but I didn't fall. I hit my head again but it was nothing major. Emily checked it out and the bleediing was slight. My speech has calmed down but the stuttering is still very much there. The speech therapist came today as did the occupational therapist. My BP is lower in my right arm than my left kind of weird but the readings in both arms were good today. I am finding that as long as I am home the tremors are not so bad but they do happen. They happened today when I was doing occupational therapy but if could have been a lot worse so I am glad I was home. I am still waiting to hear what disability determines. I called the psych office again but they are not taking any new patients until Sept. However, I did speak with another office person who said based on our conversation that she believes this is physical and not mental. She is going to do everything she can do to get me an appointment in June. So, the big question may be can I get approved to remain out of work until I see this new psych doctor. Medically there is no doubt but mentally it may be a concern. Bottom line is I am not able to work and the evidence is there but dealing with this stress is not good and my concern is a relapse. I just want to get better, I have to admit that I am considering applying for social security disability for the first time. That way it is one and done and then I don't have to worry about it for the rest of my life. Maybe that has been God's plan all along. I just don't know. We will have to see. Until then, I need to get this disability approved through the date I can see a psych and then see where we go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment