Friday, May 6, 2011

Today I had physical and occupational therapy. They were both functional assessments. The physical therapy did not go so well. I was very shaky but I think it had a lot to do with it being in the morning and I had just taken my medicine so it may have not had enough time to kick in. I am still having problems with balance. I did a lot of shaking and in fact called Emily but dropped my phone more than once. Still, the therapist thinks I am making progress and hopes to eventually get me off the walkers. Occupational therapy is kind of fun. Today he wanted to see how my reflexes are so we playes bounce the balloon. It was kind of like being a kid again. I did very well with the right hand but not the left. I was able to pick my right foot up and move it forward. My left I tended to drag. Still, it was not bad. He once again said I was making progress but I need to work the muscles in the left part of my body because it is obvious they are weak and could get worse. One good thing is I can use the WII to get exercise and work on my reflexes so that should be fun. I continue to have headaches since I hit my head twice this week. I was very tired after the workouts but I think that was to be expected. I have two doctor appointments Monday so we will have to see how they do. Still all in all other than the headaches and the continued pains in my left foot it was a good day. God is good all the time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment