Monday, May 30, 2011

Today was a very busy day with the nurse, speech and physical therapy coming. I woke this morning around 430 with very intense back pain and did not go back to bed until after the therapist had left which was around 1. I managed a nap until 3 so I did get a 2 hr nap but I am still very tired. I had a few chest pains but nothing major just the back pain which we already know is disc disease. The speech therapist discharged me today which is good. I do have all the tools now it is just a matter of time and taking it slow. She said I can call her anytime but just to remember to take it slow. We all could learn from that.
I really like my nurse Leesa. Today we talked about how God is always at work no matter what and how he will be glorified through all of this. They continue to be concerned about my BP. It was taken 3 times today and in one of the readings there was a 20 point difference between the left and right arm and once again the right arm is stronger than the left. I will be glad to see my cardiologist Thursday to get some answers.
All in all it was a good day and I am able to get through the exercises but the left side is still weaker than the right. The speech therapist said the BP in my left arm was faint and the occupational therapist could not get a reading at all on Friday. It is probably just a matter of adjusting some medicines. I did not have a tremor that I remember today but the physical therapist did say that I was shakey. It is weird, I do feel my left side is stronger than it was but overall I feel weaker. I can't explain that but we continue the journey with the greatest leader of them all leading the way.
On another note. I just want to say I stand in remembrance of all those that have given their all for our freedom. Your sacrifice has not been in vein.

No comments:

Post a Comment