Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today was a therapy day so it got me out of the house. I am glad to get up and get dressed and get out for even a few hours. I did have an incident though while waiting to go back for therapy. There are two Thomas Taylor's and they got our schedules mixed up. Well, that is just human but it frustrated me which set off another tremor much like the one when I fell but this time there was a therapist behind me who caught me and a very nice guy who kept me from hitting the ground. I am a bit sore but at least I did not hit the floor. God was there and provided just the help I needed. My blood pressure was different everytime they took it and it actually got to the bottom number of 96 while I was sitting. Then there was one reading that the bottom number was in the 70's while I was working. It makes no sense it should have been the other way around. They did tell me that it was faint as well and one reading was 140/86 then within a minute it was 122/80. Just all over the place. But, I see my cardiologist next week so I will be interested in seeing what he says.
I did feel my pace maker working which is good and disturbing at the same time. It is an uncomfortable feeling but it is something I know about and what it is so that is good. I just feel so much more comfortable back at healthsouth and that I am getting the kind of care I should. I wish I could see the neurologist before August but I have set some goals and will discuss with my doctor next week. I already know that I am scheduled for therapy through July so I am going to ask him to work with me to return to work at least part time in August depending on how the therapy goes. The major obstacle is speech which by the way we did not do any real talking today she did more measuring of my ability to keep up with a metronome. I don't know how I did but as usual I do know I did worse on the left side than the right which is normal at this point. After therapy I was exhausted but they had a printed schedule of sessions for the rest of the month so I have it in print which is also good. I just have to make this happen by August 28th even if it is on a part time basis. I have never worked so hard and been so determined as I am now. It feels good to feel that fight in me again.
The hospital said they would request home therapy again out of concern for my well being driving and the risk of tremors and that home health should not have discharged me. But, I get better care and work harder at the hospital plus it gets me out of the house so I told them I preferred to be with them. I am in the right place and I just know God put me there so who am I to argue with that. So, that is about it. After therapy I came home and slept for a while but not too long. I just felt good about the future again for the first time in a long time and I am praising God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment