Monday, June 20, 2011

Today's was interesting to say the least. Emily left for Hilton Head and the girls are staying with Maw Maw so I am alone for the first time since all of this began. My mom wanted me to come stay with her but I really wanted to stay on my own. I took the girls to VBS because I felt it was important for them to be there and Judy took them home after. Tomorrow is a very big day for me. I am not supposed to drive but I really don't have much of a choice. I am scheduled to be at the rehab hospital at 830 and should be done by noon. I am hoping it will be sooner than that. I am worried about driving but I have to go and there really isn't anyone else who can take me. I am being evaluated for all three therapies but I don't really think I will need very much speech or occupational therapy. Physical therapy is what I feel I need the most. It will have to be out patient so I will have to drive which means I will have to not take my medicine until I get home so we will see how it affects the tremors. The big thing is I just don't want to be put back in the hospital. The girls will come home tomorrow but I can manage for a night then I will take them to VBS and Emily will come home. After all, that is what dad's do. I love them so much and the house is so quiet right now without my family. The pain in my foot has now moved to my pelvic area and I am having PVC'S again but that is just a part of my life.
Emily got some rough news and is looking at a root canal which will not be pleasant. But, it will give me the chance to take care of her which I enjoy. I just want to be able to do things like I used to. One thing I miss the most is getting in the pool. But, hopefully I will get the all clear on that soon. Once they have figured out the tremors then I should be able to get back in the pool. I feel so weak and the pain is pretty rough but I think about my wife and how she must feel and just pray she will be ok.
So, this is another day in the life. I don't feel as depressed but I do feel down. I still trust God and that he is in control. Without that trust I don't know where I would be. I want to sell some policies so I am going to start soliciting some more. I can do online now which is cool and helps me with not having to be out of the house. So, hopefully I can write some business which will help make me feel like I am contributing.

No comments:

Post a Comment