Friday, June 10, 2011

today I had an appointment with my counselor and was really looking forward to it. Ms. June and I had such a great conversation on our way as we always do but I noticed that my left foot and leg were going numb. Then, the tingling sensation started in my left arm and it also went numb but I just figured it was par for the course and we went on our way. When we arrived at the office and I proceeded in to sign in. The next thing I remember was I was on my way to the ground. I don't remember hitting the floor but I do remember my neck beginning to hurt and my back. I took a nasty spill. I was just going to go to my doctor's office but they called EMS who came. They could not get a reading in my arm for BP so they loaded me in the ambulance. My BP was all over the place. One are was 108-50something and the other was like 150/90. But once again the left was weaker than the right. So, we made the trip to the hospital and they took my BP in both arms and it was extremely different from one are to the next but my EKG was normal and my blood work also looked good. X-rays showed no fractures so I was discharged and sent home. I am in a lot of pain right now despite them giving me pain meds. I have a feeling I will be sore for some days to come. I really don't know exactly what happened but the floor I fell on was concrete so it should be expected that it would be painful.
I am glad to be home but the mystery continues. The fall did begin with a tremor and we still don't have any more information as to why I have them than we did when this all first started so that along with the BP issues keep my doctors on their toes. My cardiologist did say that physical therapy would be fine but they want my BP to be taken before, during and after my work outs so we can see how they fluctuate in each arm. Right now, I just want to get over this latest incident and move on. Hopefully answers are coming soon but in the mean time we press on with faith and family and a lot of prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment