Thursday, June 2, 2011

I decided to post again tonight. My cardiologist said that the BP issue is something we have to address so he changed my medications. It is not that unusual that BP is different in each arm but it is unusual for the left to be weaker than the right and the reading in the left was faint which is a concern. I know he wants to be extra cautious because he wants to see me back in a month. Normally he asks to see me in 3 or 6 months but this time he wants me back in a month. He did say that he does not think there is anything specifically to worry about now but this could be a sign of things to come down the road. My mom's friend has a nephew who was diagnosed with myasthenia-gravis. There is another condition that seems to fit my symptoms more though called guillain-barre symdrome. All of the symptoms in Guillian-Barr fit my situation and I think I am going to call my doctor and ask his opinion. The bottom line with the cardiologist is he is concerned and there is something wrong when it comes to my BP but he thinks the real problems will be down the road. However, it did make me think and wonder again if there was a stroke since my BP is so irratic.
On another note, the occupational supervisor is coming over tomorrow and I think he is going to discharge me. I appreciated him saying that. He did tell me that he was surprised physical therapy discharged me but apparently because I can get out to get to counseling they feel insurance will have a hard time paying for home therapy and once physical has discharged occupational therapy pretty much has to discharge. However, the home health nurse will continue to come which does not make a lot of sense when it comes to the insurane issue but I am glad she will coninue to come. I really enjoy her visits and knowing she is on her way. I feel I am being punished for being able to get out for therapy and they assumed that meant I can get out anytime. What they do not realize is I am at the mercy of someone else driving me. But, I had to tell them the truth. They all feel I should do outpatient therapy but I am still stuck with how to get there. So, I will continue my home exercises and do the best I can.
But, God has a lesson and I am still learning what it is. The journey is certainly an interesting one but one I am up for. The fact that he is in control makes the journey worth while.
This is the final week of school so at least Emily and the girls will be home next week so I won't be alone. That is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment