Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I haven't posted in a few days as we traveled to Virginia for Emily's brother's wedding. It was a very simple yet tastefull wedding set out doors in a national park that used to be an old plantation. But, I have to admit the trip was stressful for me. Friday morning I woke about 230 or 3 with intense chest pain. I had to take my nitro 4 times before it finally calmed down. I went back to bed about 6am but slept almost the entire day on Saturday. I felt guilty but I was just so exhausted and almost went to the hospital but it passed so I went on. The trip home was uneventful and the girls were great. I watched the Carolina baseball game last night which was even more stressful than the UVA game and did not have any problems with the chest pain so I'm not sure what happened. I had a little bit of a stomach issue and was wound up after the game but finally did go to bed around 3. I am hoping the Gamecocks put the game away early tonight but that is not their M.O.
I had therapy and actually got some great news! At least I think it is good news. During the occupational therapy they do a new pain sensory test. It was not consistant and they said they wrote in their eval uncertain. The therapist said it shows there is something going on with the nervous system. It is the first real medical evidence that there is something more than emotional going on with me. I know it sounds strange but I am rejoicing in the fact that now there is some evidence and she even suggested I try to get my appointment with the neurolgist earlier than August so I called the Dr. office and I am being put on a hold in case their is a cancellation. Speech therapy went well. There are moments of great fluency and then there are moments of frustration but I do think it is getting better.
On another note, I did get my notification that my employment would end with Colonial August 28th if I am not able to return to work at least on a part time basis. I expect to be able to accomplish that goal and one thing I need to work with human resources and my doctors is working part time to start with and working from home. I know the occupational therapist suggested that so hopefully that will work out.
Well, I guess that is it for tonight. I have to get ready for this baseball game. Sure hope the Gamecocks pull it out tonight and we don't have to go through another game. But, I feel I had a good day and just to know that there is now some physical/medical evidence that there is more going on than just conversion disorder has made all the difference in my mood and spirit so we will see where we go from here. But, God's hands are all over this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment