Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Physical, occupational and speech therapy have all gone well. I am stronger and able to do things for myself that just a few weeks ago would not have been possible. My physical therapist wants me to take things slowly and thinks we need to build a ramp for our stairs so I guess we need to look into that. Right now, the plan is to send me home tomorrow where I will begin home therapy. I don't know how long I will be down but one thing I will not do is make the mistake of pushing myself back to work. I will take the time necessary to properly heal and get better. I have had enough of hospitals to last a lifetime. But, I have to say the folks here have been wonderful. The care they have given me is second to none. One thing I can say is HealthSouth is a great place with caring professionals and a place I would recommend to anyone. We will have to make some adjustments to our home but it is not major just a rail for me to climb our few stairs. Hopefully it will not take much but they said it is a good idea even with someone who is completely healthy. So, hopefully we can have this put in and make my movement around the house easier. I can't wait to be back home. To be in my own home with my wife and children and to be able to provide for them in the way they deserve. I know we have to be patient but with all we have been through we know we can survive most anything. So, what lessons have I learned? The biggest is there is no test too big for God and no problem he wont see us through. He truly is a wonderful and loving God even in the midst of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment