Monday, April 4, 2011

Another day of therapy. It is going well and I do feel I am getting better every day. My speech is much better but when I get stressed then the stuttering starts again. Right now, the plan remains for me to go home Wednesday but the neuropshychologist still has not been by so I don't know if that will delay things or not. But, I did get some good news. My social worker said that my insurance will pay for home health care until I am able to drive myself for outpatient care. I have not been given any idea as to how long this will all take but I don't plan to rush it. I really want to be sure things are ok before I try to return to work which will be a while. God has truly blessed us through all of this and we give him all the glory. I just can't wait to get home. Emily has cautioned me not to get too excited because they could extend things and I know she is right but I just have to be focused on going home! I am ready to sleep in my own bed next to my beautiful wife and in the same house as my wonderful children. Wednesday cannot get here soon enough for me. One thing I have learned is conversion disorder is a serious yet treatable illness. I wonder how many folks go misdiagnosed because doctors cannot see it through a microscope so they miss it. So, another day of therapy and accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment