Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cottia went to school today but we got the call that she was running a fever so Emily had to bring her home. She slept almost all day which is unheard of for her. She did sweat a lot so hopefully she has broken the fever but school requirments say she has to stay home another day. We hate she has missed so much but she really needs to get better. The good thing is she does not require a lot of maintainence for me. Hopefully she can get some rest tomorrow and get back to school feeling back to 100%. As for me the occupational therapist came today. He said I will need several weeks of home therapy but feels I am doing well. All of the therapist do not want me walking without the walker as I am still a fall risk. The main thing the occupational therapist wants to work on with me is upper body strength and coordination. All of the therapists seem very capable and caring. I feel comfortable with them which helps. I have noticed the stuttering is getting better but there are still times when it is very rough. The key is controling stress. I guess it is a lesson we all need to learn so it can do nothing but help me in life for the rest of my life. I am noticing some tingling in my left foot which they say is a good thing as it means the nerves are waking up. There is some swelling but very little. They did say if the swelling gets bad then I have to call right away. I have also noticed the PVC's seem to be more common lately but I believe that is related to stress as well. So, life goes on and we continue to learn from this time. God is always in control and therefore we trust his will for our lives. The one thing I will say is no matter what being home is the best thing for me. All of the therapist believe I should return to work part time when I do return and that it would be better if I worked from home. I hope that can work towards getting me back home and working. Thank you all again for your continued prayers. I have not written lately about weight loss mainly because I have not been concerned about it. I do know I have not gained any weight at least based on my cloths but I also don't think I have lost any more weight either. Frankly, at this point, I don't care. I am where I am and I am home with my wife and children nothing else really matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment