Friday, April 15, 2011

It is interesting to me how this blog has evolved to much more than my weight loss journey. It has evolved to more about my life in general. I never really expected that. But, I do hope my writings about the issues related to bariatric surgery have been helpful to those who may be considering it. I don't think everyone will go through the issues I have endured but I also think it is important that folks know there are risks associated with this type of surgery. I plan to continue to write about my weight loss but will also continue to write about my life and how things go. So, this is not the end of the weight loss journey but rather the move towards a more open exchange of ideas and events in my life and the life of our family. Yesterday, my wife took me out to eat with our girls. It felt so good just to get out of the house. My cousin and her husband came along with us. I was exhausted once we got back home but just to be out in the sun felt so good. Physical therapy also took me out for a short walk. I made it to our carport which is about 100 feet but I made it. I have to continue to work on my upper body strength and balance as they still consider me a fall risk. I hope we will go out again this evening to eat but that will be up to my wife. It takes a lot to get me out with the walker and all and if we stay home then I am also ok with that. Today was a stressfull day so the stuttering has been very bad but I have taken the valum so hopefully that will settle things down.

No comments:

Post a Comment