Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today was another of those interesting days. I called my primary physician and he wanted to see me right away so I had the appointment at 11:15. On the way to the office I began having the chest pains again but this time they moved into the jaw. That worried me but I pressed on. When I arrived the doctor was great. He listened to my heart and said he did not hear anything that alarmed him but felt we needed to do a EKG. We went over my history and discussed angina. After he read the EKG he came back and said it looked ok. He did not think I had another heart attack but he could see changes in the EKG since the last time they had done one. So, clearly something was going on. He felt I did not need to wait to follow up with my cardiologist but also did not feel I needed to go back to the hospital at this time. He explained what angina is and there could be many causes but he does not feel I have blockage which is reassuring. He said for me to stay out of work until we get to the bottom of this and that he would be able to help me with that. Now we have to get the appointment with my cardiologist set up to see where we go from here. The good news is I do not appear to have had another heart attack. The bad news is the angina may be getting worse. The issue is what is causing it. He also recommended a flu shot so I got that done today as well.

I still had not heard anything from the surgeon regarding my continuing disability. I had called 3 times Friday and twice today. Finally, I called the hospital administration and they got on it. The surgeon's office did call and assured me they called my disability people and would have the paper work expitited so I can get my disability. The office manager did explain that their medical records division had not told her they did not have my treatment notes from their copying service. She told me she had put a rush on it that it was over a week and that was not acceptable to them. My frustration with the surgery center is off the chain. I told her I would not have called the administrative area if I had simply recieved a return phone call but I did not get that courtesy which was certainly adding to the stress I am already under with my heart. It is just a nightmare. They scheduled an appoinement with the surgeon tomorrow and the office manager said she would like to see me when I come in so I am looking forward to explaining my position and hopefully moving on.

Right now, I am both physicall and emotionally exhausted. I am just not sure how much more my body can take. But, I press on and trust God. He will sustain us through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment