Sunday, December 19, 2010

The last few days have been both challenging and rewarding. We had our Sunday School Christmas party yesterday at our home. I was so glad to have everyone over here. They mean so much to me and I love them with all my heart. But, I have to depend on others to get things done. I wanted to desperately to bring the wood up for the fire and to be able to contribute. But, I was limited. Still, I was able to get through it. I got really exhausted from even just standing for a few minutes but it was worth it to enjoy the fellowship and friends. My strength is just not coming back. In fact, I am not sure it has ever come back from the band surgery. For every day I feel a little bit of strength, there are two to three days of complete fatigue. Still, people have been so good. When the class left our wood box was full and our refridge was full so our home is warm and we are blessed. What more can a family ask for?

Today was Sunday and I had been asked to sing O Holy Night for Christmas. It is a tradition dating back 30 years now. But, I am so weak and I wondered if I could get through it. I felt my voice was pretty good but even standing long enough to sing is a challenge. Then, throw in nerves and it could have really been rough. None the less, I felt I wanted to do this and that it would be good for me and a blessing to the Church. So, I asked for a stool and sat while I sang as best I could. I was worn out afterwards but it was such a great feeling to be up there sharing the talent God has given me and knowing it meant so much to so many others. What they did not know was how much it meant to me. I pray God allows me many more years of singing that wonderful Christmas song.

When we got home I looked at the new pants my wife bought for me and realized they were falling off. So, we are going to have to buy some new pants again. I am not down to a size 40 from a size 48. 8 inches in the waste is such an accomplishment. I am so pleased with the weight loss and give God all the credit for what he has done.

I'm not sure why but for some reason this Christmas seems a bit more special than recent ones. I'm not sure if it has to do with all I have ben through or just that we are home and not traveling this year. But, my wife has done so much to make this a very special Christmas for us all. Our home is beautifully decorated and our kids are loved and secure. Thank you Father for all the blessings you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment