Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another day and more pain. But, I did get good news from my cardiologist. My heart checks out and the pacemaker is working as it should. He is not concerned about blockage. He did say the entire episode Sunday night may have been related to the stomach flu. He said it is unusual for a person like me to have angina but mine is an unusual case. I have heard that from him before. Because they don't know why I had a heart attack in the first place 5 years ago they cannot understand everything that is going on in me. He did say there is a condition called vascular angina. It is rare and hard to diagnose but that may be what I am dealing with. He advised me to continue what I am doing and to get rest. There is a medicine that can be used to help with this type of angina but he does not want me on any more medicines right now. I am so glad he feels that way as I am sick of medicines. He did say if the episodes continue or get worse to let him know if not he wants to see me in three months. I left the appointment reassured but at the same time a bit sad. The fact that the pacemaker is working and is keeping my heart going is wonderful but it is also sad that my heart needs it to keep me going. Still, that is why it is there and God has given us some wonderful tools to prolong life and to improve quality of life. Right now, my job is to continue to rest and get better.

The pain in the rectum was pretty intense today as was the pain around my stomach where the band it located. I am also still very tired and weak from the flu but I hope it is going to get better soon. I was able to eat a bit tonight in fact I ate a small amount of prime rib. It is the first time I have tried to eat meat other than a burger since the surgery. I tolerated it well but did not eat very much.

Once again, I have not heard from the surgeon's office. I called again and left a message but no return call. Right now I have decided if I don't hear something by noon tomorrow I will call the administrative office again. If they don't get this done, I will get a lawyer. The stress is certainly not helping me get better. In fact, it is probably making matters worse.

My wife and children continue to be supportive and I love them more each day. God has blessed me with the most wonderful family a man could want.

No comments:

Post a Comment