Sunday, December 26, 2010

The last two days the chest pains have seemed to increase. Last night I woke sweating and experiencing very intense pain. It did pass but as always it is cause for concern. The pains also bring on shortness of breath. They say not to lay in bed so I get up and watch TV until it passes. It normally lasts for about an hour then it goes away. I guess it is something I will just have to live with.

The snow was so beautiful. My daughter woke me early this morning and even though I had not rested I just refused not to go outside with her. So, we got all decked out and went out. I took a lot of pics while she made a snow man. My youngest daughter joined us and so did my wife. the girls had so much fun making a snow man. In fact, they made two. They threw snow balls at me and I just ate it up. I am so thankful that I am able to do little things with them. The joy in their eyes made it all worth while. I think life seems sweeter because of all I have been through. I honestly have wondered if I was going to live much longer. I still wonder given the intensity of the chest pain but the doctors continue to tell me they cannot find anything life threatening. There does come a point when you just have to trust what the doctors say is true.

This is the final week of 2010 and what a year it has been. I have been through more pain and emotional stress than I have ever been through in my life yet God continues to see me and my family through all things. There have been some great highlights to this year especially in sports and there have certainly been some very low lights with health. This is certainly the year of the GAmecock! And I have enjoyed each and every victory. Swansea saw a rise back on the grid iron as well. Friday nights in our little town were exciting and full of anticipation again. Our Church has seen a new and wonderful pastor come along that both irritates me and challenges me at the same time. I guess that is what a true friend is supposed to do. I have seen the goodness and love in friends. I have seen the concern and felt their prayers as we have gone through all of this. I have been blessed to have the job I have and to be able to recover from all of this while still getting paid. I am blessed to have the benefits I have and to be able to pay our bills. My mother remarried and we welcomed a new mate for her into our lives. He makes her happy and loves her very much. He is also good with the girls. All in all this year will go down as one of the best of my life. May God continue to guide us through 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment