Monday, January 17, 2011

Today I had the appointment with the colorectal surgeon. I was not looking forward to this but knew it had to be done. He came in and did a rectal exam. He could not do very much but immediately said I had a fisher and it was infected. He brought his nurse back in and told me I had to have another operation. It is outpatient and should be fairly routine. They told me it may require removing some of the rectum muscle or it may require botox but he won't know until he is in. The surgery is scheduled for Wednesday this week Jan 19th and I have to be there at 8am. I called the disability folks and they are getting the paper work sent over and have already approved my part time disability through Wednesday. My pain right now from the exam is really intense. I really hope this will take care of all of this and I won't have to go through anymore. I am discouraged but know I will get through it. I also know this will probably not be a very easy procedure and given all I have already been through I expect this to be painful. My wife is so supportive and I know she will be ok but I also know she has been through a lot with me. So, here we go again. Another month another surgery. It does seem so interesting that all of this started when I had the band. I know the other issues are probably not related but it just seems like a strange coincidence. Well, I appreciate your prayers and concern. Thanks to everyone who reads this and your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment