Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I had a hard time sleeping last night anticipating the surgery today. But, I did manage to sleep some. I got up this morning apprehensive of what I was facing. We got the girls ready and took them to Judy's. Emily drove me to the hospital and it didn't take long for them to get me back and ready to go. The surgeon was wonderful. He fully explained everything to us and I felt very comfortable going into surgery. I was awake right up until the moment they got ready to start. When they moved me to the surgery room I was given a spinal. It numbed my entire lower body then, I remember them moving me to the surgery table and me turning on my back. The last thing I remember was them moving my head down and my butt in the air. I woke in recovery. My entire lower body was numb and I could not move anything. It was a very strange sensation but any woman who has had a spinal to give birth knows what it felt like. I was in and out of sleep most of the rest of the day. It took a while for the spinal to wear off but it finally did around 2:30. They gave me morphine because the pain was incredible. It did give me some releaf but not enough. Finally, I was moved to discharge where Emily picked me up. I was not awake when the doctor explained to Emily what they had done but basically he said he did not understand why the other surgeon had done the things he had done. This surgeon did not have to do any cutting instead he used botox. He also said I had two hemoroids so he banded them and that should take care of that issue. So, my question is are they new or did the other surgeon just miss them. This surgeon said I should be fine just to allow time for healing. I guess the frustrating thing to me is it appears I have gone through more than was necessary. If this kind of surgery had been done in the first place maybe I would be completely healed and back to normal. The surgeon said for me to soak in a warm bath 3-4 times a day and to take stool softeners and metamucil. Right now, I am in some pain but I just took the pain medicine so hopefully it will kick in. I hope to rest the next few days and just let things heal. What a very interesting time this has been.

On another note, according to the scales at the hospital I had lost yet another lb. God is always working!

No comments:

Post a Comment