Saturday, January 8, 2011

I woke this morning to take my oldest daughter to her Bible study at 10. I took my youngest daughter to play while Cottia was at her Bible study. Then, I took Cottia to eat lunch then to the farm. She said she wanted to go deer hunting but we did not have appropriate clothing so I decided it was worth taking her anyway. We went to the farm and found a deer stand. It was so cold but we climbed into the stand. It was absolutely beautiful. We didn't see a deer but we spent time together. We were not in the stand very long before she said she was cold. So, I decided to take her for a walk in the woods that I had explored as a boy. I had a hard time walking so I had to use my walking stick. We didn't walk very far but we took our time and it was just wonderful. We saw a lot of corn and deer tracks but no deer. My brother found us and said we needed to move from where we were because they were about to have practice shooting so he suggested we move to another area of the farm. We walked behind the big pond and found ourselves at the Sandy run creek. I had not been in those woods since I was a boy. It was magical for me to see her eyes. We walked around the creek and I just thought about all the memories I had in those woods and now I was sharing them with my daughter. She said she wanted to go deer hunting so we are going to get her hunting clothes and see how she does. She said she did not want to see the deer die but she would not mind killing Bambi!! I laughed at her but what a day it was. I was in so much pain when we walked out of the woods but it was so worth it!! When we left we went to my brothers store for a few minutes then to my moms. Mom made Cottia some mac and cheese then we came home. She fell asleep in the truck and I just thought about the memory we had made today. She told me right before she fell asleep how much she loved me and how she did not want the day to end. I didn't either. When we got home we needed wood brought up because of the winter weather they are calling for so I decided it had to be done. Cottia, like she always does, voluntered to help. We made several trips from the wood shed to the porch where the wood box is. The pain was really beginning to take it's toll. After the last trip I had enough. I felt like I was bleeding so I came in to clean myself. I was bleeding some but it was not as bad as I had thought. I have had some PVC's since coming in but again nothing major so far. I feel very weak and fatigued and a lot of the pain is where the pacemaker is. I will have to monitor the bleeding but hopefully it will not be too bad. It is so funny how it is so worth it for the day I had with my Cottia. I love her so very much and this day will always be one of those days I treasure. The other was the day we spent at the fair. I took a pain pill and that is helping but I don't understand why this far after surgery I am still having to take pain pills.

I am worried there is something going on in my side area. It is probably the port for the band but man it is painful.

Today is also a day of sadness for us. Emily's assistant youth pastor passed away today very unexpectedly and we lost my daddy's cousin who we simply called Suggie. Suggie lived a very long and wonderful life. Jeff was a young man who leaves a wife and children. Both are children of the king and tonight are singing with the eternal choir!

No comments:

Post a Comment