Sunday, January 9, 2011

Last night was pretty rough after moving the wood. I took a pain pill which I am very concerned about. I also had some PVC's but they were not that big so I did not worry about them. This morning I did not go to Church. The pain is always there it just does not go away. But, I am able to function through it. I told Emily today that I am beginning to think it will always be there and that I just have to learn to live with it. I decided we needed kinling wood in case the weather gets really bad so I took Cottia with me and we went to the farm to get some. This was not too bad as that is very light wood. We found some great logs and brought it home. I went to Church for our Sunday school teachers meeting but I ended up watching the girls. After watching the girls, I worked with the praise band but sitting was just too painful. When I came home I knew we probably needed to bring more wood up so I brought two more loads up just in case. I felt the tearing as I was walking and the pain is throbbing but my wife and children will have plenty of wood if the weather turns bad. I know I probably should not have done that but it needed to be done and my need to care for my family is just too much. The biggest problem is I hate feeling like I am a burden. A lot of people have been concerned and say they will help. I know they will but asking is so hard to do. I have asked in the past and folks have responded but I know they have their own lives and things to do. I need to be able to do little things like moving wood to care for my family. I just have to realize there is a price to pay when I do that. I am also learning that living with this kind of pain is not easy but I have done it now for so long that I am beginning to think this is just the way my life is going to be from here on out. Still, as long as I have my wife and children then nothing else matters and I will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment