Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today was a pretty good day. I didn't do very much so I didn't have any stress to deal with. I did have some pains in the chest that radiated to my neck but it passed. There was also a small pain in my left shoulder but it also went away. Right now, I feel pretty good and hope I have really turned a corner. I am thinking I may go to Church tomorrow. It is homecoming and I really want to go but I don't expect to stay for the meal after. On the weight issue, my mom made some squash soup which was very good! I was able to get a lot of it in and it did not make me feel sick or nauseated. I ate a small amount of mashed potatoes but mostly I have sipped on the soup. I also am getting sugar free popcicles in my system. I have not decided weather to go back for an adjustment. I am so disappointed in the way my surgery center has handled things that I may consider finding another center for my follow up appointments. Don't get me wrong, the surgery center did a lot arranging everything and making the surgery happen but they have yet to follow up with me which makes me think their only interest was making the money on the surgery and not my actual well being. I am not sure I want that as a part of my care. I really want a doctor that has my best interest at heart which I know I have with my cardiologist. I have done all the contacting when it comes to the bariatric center and on several occasions they have not even bothered to call me back. When I called them about the issue with my mouth they said it was thrush without even seeing me. I had the doctor check it out at the hospital and she said it was not thrush. So, I have been taking something that I did not need which really frustrates me. That is just one example of how my surgery center has not given me the type of care I feel I deserved. I even called an office manager last week twice and have yet to hear back from her. I know folks are busy but come on. If I do decide to have an adjustment, it will probably be only once. I don't feel I need to lose very much more weight and right now, I am happy with where I am and the foods I can eat. I truly feel I have been given a second chance at life with the pacemaker and the weight I have lost. I will make a decision on how to proceed with the surgery center next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment