Thursday, October 21, 2010

My oldest daughter is 5 years old. Many times she has said "this is the best day ever!"Well, today, her daddy is saying this was the best day ever. It started this morning when I went to her school to attend story telling time with her. They brought her around and her little face lit up as she saw me sitting there. She came and sat beside me. They offered her the opportunity to sit up front but she said no she wanted to sit by her daddy. The story telling was a lot of fun and we both enjoyed it greatly. After the stories were over, I signed her out of school to spend the rest of the day with me. We went to lunch and then left for the fair. She fell asleep on the way over and slept very hard even snoring a bit. But, finally she woke and we went in. I knew it would be rough on me and I was going to get worn out but I didn't care. All I wanted was to spend time with her. She rode ride after ride and her face just lit up with joy. But, she asked me if I would ride with her. I thought about it and decided to give it a shot. You see in years past I would not have been able to ride with her due to how big I was. I had to sit on the sideline and watch her but now I felt I could give it a shot. I didn't care if my heart exploded all I wanted to do was make her happy. So, I got on with her. We rode several rides together and she just smiled and held on to my arm like a girlfriend. Her face was bright with joy and happiness and I was a dad who could ride fair rides with his beloved child. We held hands and walked around the fair together. I just could not believe that I could fit in those rides and didn't care that my heart was skipping beats like every other beat. It just didn't matter. My arm even began to swell where the pacemaker is and still it just didn't matter. I allowed her to play a few games and she won three prizes!! We finished the day watching the pig races. She was even chosen as a cheerleader but our little pig didn't win. After the pig races we came home. She looked at me and said I was the best dad ever. I don't care what else happens that made it all worth while. I am sore and my heart is leaping around in my chest but it is not dangerous and while I know I will be exhausted tomorrow, I had today and it was THE BEST DAY EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment