Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bariatric doctor says I am not ready for an adjustment. They say my weight loss is right on track but that I should no longer be getting nauseated. The nausea is not as bad but it is still there. they also were concerned about my heart and felt it was just too risky right now. The doctor told me that some people just do not tolerate the band and if things don't get better they may have to take it out. I will admit I have mixed emotions about that. I am glad it is in and it certainly has helped me with weight loss. But, at the same time, are some of these health issues related to the band? I tend to think so but not all. They also told me they cannot do an adjustment until I am able to eat some meats. So, tonight for supper, I ate some tuna. No bread just the tuna. I was able to get it in without any issues but we will see if it causes problems later. I am to go back in 4 weeks for them to determine how best to proceed.

On the heart issue, the monitor is on and I have had a few episodes today. Nothing major. Hopefully they have seen them. It is going to be interesting to see how I do at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment