Sunday, October 10, 2010

One thing I have learned is that when I am off work I still talk on the phone. Granted most of the calls have been to doctor's but still I should take a break from the phones. the area over the pacemaker is still swollen. I have been told by two medical people that it should not be swollen this far after surgery. So, I guess I have to call the cardio again tomorrow. Apparently it is the blood around the incision that causes the swelling. I took the girls to Church this morning. I felt ok but as the morning wore on I began to get very tired. My wife is sick so she is not able to do what she has been doing. It is hard for me but I have to do all I can to help out. I was supposed to return to work tomorrow but when I discussed it with my heart doctor he agreed that I am not ready. The monitor is due to arrive Tuesday and to be activated Wednesday. I will wear it for 14 days. I have been told they call when the least little thing happens. This includes in the middle of the night. I may have to consider sleeping in the guest room so Emily can get sleep during that time. I am not sure how much longer I will be out but I would think I will remain out while wearing the monitor. Still, the weight loss is progressing. So far, I have lost 90lbs. I go back to the bariatric surgeon Wednesday but I do not feel I need an adjustment. Not until I know for sure what is going on with my heart. If I stop losing then I may consider it. For now, the journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment