Thursday, December 8, 2011

Today was one of those good news bad news kind of days. First for the good news. I woke this morning and helped get the family going as I always do. The girls were not as good this morning as usual but I think that has to do with Wednesday nights Awanas. They get to bed later than they are used to but still have to get up the next morning and go about their normal day so I think that is why they are a little more cranky in the morning.
I did take Cottia to school like I usually do. She seemed to be ready to go to school and when she got home this evening she seemed to have had a good day. Eva was typical Eva. Too much toothpaste and playing in the water in the bathroom.
I had therapy and physical therapy was very painful. The therapist did some work on my calves which on the left leg is the most painful from the PVD. The pain was off the chain. In fact I would go so far as to say it hurt worse than any of the falls I have taken. The only pain that has been rough is the pain in the tailbone. But, I also was able to stand and sit 5 times on my own. I did have some tremors but I didn't fall. I did every exercise but the doctor has already told me that the disease is not going to get any better and the only treatment is plavix and the exercises I am doing so at least I have the comfort in knowing that I am doing all I can do. Then it was off to speech. My fluency is better but the speech doctor said she noticed a lot more vocal tremors today but some of that may have been from being so tired from the physical therapy.
I came home and was very tired so I got some rest and waited on the girls to get home. I woke up, took a shower and then decided I would try to do some things around the house. So, I folded some cloths and even that just took it all out of me. Normally it is my job to give the baths but tonight I asked Emily to do it. I just did not have the energy. I napped on my chair but I did help with the girls supper before hand.
Now, I am resting and watching TV and waiting on tomorrow. The pain in my left leg lower calf area is off the chain right now but it is from the therapist and the work he did on my leg.
So, that is about it. I am exhausted and have decided to try to go back on my protein diet to lose some more weight before Christmas. I pray God's blessings on you all and that his perfect will would be done in your lifes. Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment