Thursday, December 29, 2011

Today I had the girls for the entire day. It was nice to just stay home with them. I couldn't do very much but they are pretty self sufficient. This morning though I woke to Cottia having tried to make her own breakfast. She had combined grits and oatmeal with milk and water and tried to microwave them. What a mess. So, I had to make a decision. Do I punish her? Or, do I just let her know she made a mistake and not to ever do anything like that again. I chose the later. It took some doing and a lot of pain but I got the mess cleaned up and got her something she could eat. Lunch was not complicated just hotdogs and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Strange mixture but it was she wanted. Eva just wanted the sandwich. I still don't think she is feeling quiet herself. The girls were so good and played together and cleaned up after themselves and we had a ball. It also gave Emily a chance to stay in town and get some things done. My legs hurt like never before and it does worry me but the doctors say there really isn't very much they can do.
Well, that is about it. Needless to say I am pretty worn out but I enjoyed every minute of it just being with my girls. They are so special and even when they get into trouble it is hard to get mad at them. All I have to do is look at their faces and my heart melts.
We were also blessed to have Jason and his cousin Jordan come over and load our woodbox and take our trash out. The girls did not want Jason to leave and so he has been accepted as a part of the family and they love him like a brother.
So, tomorrow our God daughter is coming over and we are looking forward to having her as well. She is such a big part of our lives and it will be nice to have her in the house. She will spend the night and then go home Saturday. We will exchange Christmas gifts with her and it will be a very noisy house to say the least.
Once again, I pray God's blessings on each of you and that God will guide your steps. As for me, pain is just a part of my life and I have learned to live with it. My legs hurt the most and now it is in the right leg as well but life moves on and I will continue to fight to regain my life and be the man all these women deserve. It is my duty and it is my honor to be involved in all these lives. Thank you Father for allowing me the opportunity to do more than just be a man with a disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment