Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Today I had an upper GI. the drink is very nasty but I got through it. The good news is the band is exactly where it is supposed to be and is working normally. The liquid flowed just like it is supposed to. The bad news is I am having esophogial spasms. They are very painful at times and mimic a heart attack. This explains why I have chest pains so often. But, they do not know why I am having them as the band should be preventing reflux. So, I have to see my gastro Monday and we will see if further tests are required. I also had a complete blood work done and hope to have the results tomorrow. I think the reason I am nauseated is because of the spasms but we will have to let the doctor's make that decision. Overall, today was a good day. I got some rest and feel very relaxed tonight. Friday I am supposed to be able to eat some grits and soft foods like mashed potatoes. I told Emily if I throw up I don't care. I just want something other than protein drink in my system!!

total weight loss is now 83lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment