Sunday, September 5, 2010

It is Sunday which means it is surgery plus 3 days. I am doing ok but I have to admit I have had more pain than I expected. I had some issues emptying my bladder after the surgery and ended up spending the night Thursday. I slept well and was ready to come home Friday. I am amazed at how quickly I feel full after just a few sips of broth or water. That is a great feeling. One of my major concerns was feeling hunger but so far it is not an issue. I have had some nausea but nothing major. Today, I drank some tea which felt great. Of course, it was sweetened with splenda. My wife has been amazing. She has taken care of me and our girls during this process. My mother in law also came down and has been an incredible help. My mother has kept a close eye on the situation and also stands ready to help if we need it. People have offered their concern and prayers which I appreciate. I know this is going to take some getting used to but right now I feel good about what I have done. Today I weighed and I have lost another 10lbs. That is truly amazing. Now, I just need to rest as much as I can and walk when I can. Oh, on the walking front, I am walking around the house which is helping. The soreness is getting better but sometimes I have a shoting pain that is hurtful. It does not last long and then I feel better. So, the adventure continues. Thank you again for all your prayers and support. Now, I weigh less than I have weighed in over 5 years. The greatest part of this is I have done most of it on my own. Now, the band will help me achieve the rest of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment