Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yesterday was therapy day and while doing physical therapy they noticed that again my left leg was tight and it was in pain. It was colder than the right and they became worried about a blood clot so the doctor sent me to the ER at Palmetto Richland to have a dobler study. So, I went there and waited in the ER for almost 3 hrs to go back. I really didn't mind that too much because there were people there much worse than me. But, It was just frustrating to wait that long. So, a recommendation. Always take an ambulance when going to any ER. Well, finally they got me back. I was having some chest pain so they did the normal blood pressure checks and some blood work which was normal. The dopler showed no clots but that I have Perpipheral Vasclar Disease. So, I guess that just means one more item to list on my check off of illnessess in life! LOL. But, I did get down and finally when the room was empty had a cry. I don't think I let it all out but at least I let my emotions out. They said they really had no answers but could see where the toes were separating and the swelling and my reflexes in the left leg are slower than the right and it has less sensation so I think that is why this diagnosis. I am supposed to follow up with my doctor and cardiologist. Well, as they were getting ready to discharge me my blood pressure went to 190/135. I dont think it has ever been that high so they decided to keep me a while longer for observation. It was already around 11 maybe even a little later and I was ready to go. So, they gave me some BP medicine and the BP did start to come down so they sent me home. Well, I thought they always took you out in a wheel chair but they were not going to do that so I had to walk. It would have been the furtherist I have walked since all this began. I'm not sure what happened but as I turned the corner on the way out, I remember seeing the door to exit and getting excited. The next thing I remember I was on the floor and had fallen again. I'm not sure but I think I hit my head on the floor because I began to develop a headache and my neck hurt. Plus my left elbow was hurting so they took me right back to the same room I had been in. I asked to be allowed to just come on home but the doctor said no. I felt I was already half way to my car so just help me get there and I would drive home. But, I do have to look at it from their point of view if something happened then they could be liable so I do understand. Well, they kept me for probably about another hour to an hour and a half. Did an x-ray of the elbow and it was fine and gave me some tylenol for the headache. I was still a bit dizzy but nothing I did not think I could handle. So, the hospital called a blue ribbon cab to take me home. They paid for it but I asked again to be allowed to just drive myself. We live so far away. But, the cab driver was a nice enough lady and I was able to share my faith with her on the way home so maybe that is why all this happened. Who knows. I got home between 2:30 and 3am. I went to bed and got up this morning to see the girls off. I wanted them to see me so they would be reassured that I was ok. Now, I have to get back to get my truck. I did get some rest today but am still a little stary eyed and dizzy but not too bad. So, just another day in the life. But, the good news is there was no clot just the vascular disease.
Now I am waiting on Emily and the girls to get home. I do have two doctor's appointments tomorrow and hope I can make them but we will see. I don't feel down right now just tired.
I can't wait to see the girls and their new haircuts!! They are getting hair cuts today and so is Emily so it is some good mother daughter time and I think that is very important. So, I will continue with rehab and enjoy my family and all God's blessings. Our of all of that if my sharing my faith with the cab driver was the reason and it changes her life or makes her thing then it will be worth it. Her soul is precious in his sight and if I have to go through some pain for her gain then so be it. I have been so selfish through all of this and have blown opportunity after opportunity to share my faith but I didn't last night. Late in the night as we rode home from a very long day. There is always a reason and a way to share we just have to look for it. Well, that is my story for yesterday and really today. I hope everyone has a great night and May God richly bless you.
t

No comments:

Post a Comment