Monday, September 12, 2011

I got to spend some time with my mother and her husband today which was nice. They got me out of the house and that is always good for me. One thing I will say is the pain is not as bad today but I didn't do a lot. The spot on my left leg is still there and it still hurts but not as bad. Hopefully I can string together some good days.
In other news, Eva threw a tantrum like I have never seen. I mean she was not going to listen and did everything she could to get out of doing what is expected of her. I hate it that she had to be punished but if we allow her to get away with things like that then she will think it is ok for the rest of her life and as a Father I have a responsibility to make sure she learns these lessons no matter how hard they may be. In her defense I do think she was tired but man trust me when I say she really showed out. It is amazing to me how different Cottia and Eva are. They both cry and throw tantrums but with Cottia I can usually get it under control very quickly but Eva is very head strong and it takes some persuasion to say the least. But, we love her for the way she is and I thank God he gave her that never give up attitude.
In other news, I put on the jeans I wore last year and it fit about the same. It felt a little tight but not what I was expecting. I honestly thought I had gained a lot of weight and while I may have gained some I don't think it is a lot. Cutting out muffins has gone a long ways. I need to get back to the protein diet and plan to do that starting tomorrow. The one thing I do know is I have lost a lot of weight and for at least a year I have managed to keep most of it off if not all of it. But, I do want to lose some more. Another thing I have to keep in mind is I am working out at physical therapy so I am building muscle and that will help. I am optimistic about the future and losing some more weight.
I share a lot on this blog and I am amazed at how it helps me vent and feel better about my life even on the worst of days. My life is far from perfect but it is the life God has given me and the greatest job I could hope for is to be the father to these two little girls and who knows maybe there will be another. I have always dreamed of a third child but I know it would have to come through adoption and my health would have to improve. Who knows, maybe God will provide in his time and manner. Jason is as close to a son as I have ever had and I am so grateful God has put him in our lives so we will see how many young people God will lead to us. Maybe that is why I am going through what I am going through. All I know is I want his will in my life and while it may hurt to have to punish, I would not be a good father if I didn't correct my children. All of them even if they don't have my last name. That includes my God daughter, Jason, and my own two little ones.
May God richly bless you and I hope everyone has a good night. Pray that I can string together some good days. Tomorrow is therapy and the CT scan is scheduled for Thursday and counseling will be on Wednesday so it will be a busy week. Again, have a good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment