Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today is Thanksgiving and the first major holiday since having the band surgery. I wondered how I would do and if I would be able to eat. Well, the verdict is in and I did GREAT! We had a full thanksgiving meal with stuffing, turkey, dressing, biscuits and all the trimmings. I was able to eat a little of what I wanted and felt full after only 1 plate!! I did not want seconds and felt like I used to feel after 2 full plates and a full plate of dessert. I found it ironic that the mashed potatoes went down easier than the stuffing did. Not sure why but the stuffing was very easy to eat. I enjoyed a piece of sweet potatoe pie and it was very good. The bottom line is I enjoyed a holiday meal and did not stuff myself. I continue to lose weight and now the total weight loss is 105lbs! I really feel good about today and the future with my weight.

Today has seen another round of extreme pain in my lower spine. I simply do not know what is causing this and wonder if it is even related to everything else or is it something new that has come about. My heart continues to give me problems too and there is even a little pain in my lower jaw which is of some concern. I am completely worn out and still struggle to have any energy at all. I am tired, scared, worried and all of the emotions that come with it. But, I also know God is in control no matter what and it will all work out in the end. I am going to call the doctor Monday and see if I can get back in. I honestly don't think I am physically able to go back to work on the 7th even though I desperately want to. I am thinking we might have to look at the possibility of part time for a while until I get my strength back. But, for right now, I am just so weak and tired.

finally, if anyone reads this post, thank you for your prayers and concern. I truly feel them and appreciate them. Just seems like it has been such a long road.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL AND MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment