Friday, November 5, 2010

The surgery went well and I am glad to have it over and done. The doctor said I am not to drive for 2 weeks and also not to lift anything. Same old song it appears except for the driving part. I have contacted the disability folks and they said everything is fine they just need to get the doctor to sign the disability form again. Originally I was told the recovery would only be 1 week but I think given everything else that has happened it will take a bit longer. Hopefully that will be the end of it and I can return to work and normal life. The surgery itself is not that bad but once the medicine wears off it is quite painful. I am not to take a bath for 2 weeks only showers. It is going to be rough not being able to do the things I am used to do but I have to take it easy so I don't have any further set backs. My mom really came through for me these past few days and I greatly appreciate her help. Now, it is time to heal and move on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear things went well. Now you MUST listen to the doc and NOT over do it. That means you DON'T kept the girls by yourself, you DON'T do housework, you DON'T pick up bags of dog food!!!! Rest is all you need to do.

    ReplyDelete