Sunday, February 5, 2012

Today is Super bowl Sunday and I am here at the house alone. Emily and the girls went to a super bowl party but I decided to stay at home. There really are two reasons I didn't want to go first and foremost was I felt Emily would have enough to worry about with the girls and second I just didn't want to be a burden to anyone. Plus, I really don't care about the super bowl. The food would be great but the game itself is just not something I care very much about. So, this way she has less to worry about and hopefully can have some fun.
Last night was certainly interesting. Emily had the pageant at the school so she was not here. Thankfully Jason was over here so I was not alone. The girls were asleep and I had to go to the restroom so I got up the stairs to get my walker when I noticed a fire in the field behind our house. I got Jason to go warn the neighbors and I called 911. My mind was racing in all kinds of directions. If the fire was coming our way it would not matter, I would find a way to get those girls out of the house and to safety and then there were the dogs. Luckily it was a neighbor down the road doing a controlled burn but I just wish he had given me some kind of warning. My heart was racing and I was having tremors that were really bad and the worry about what would happen to our house was just not good. But, the fire trucks arrived and took care of things and I was finally able to calm down after I had taken my medicine. But, I know what it feels like to realize you would die before allowing your children to die. I would have found a way.
Emily did a great job with the pageant and has gotten a lot of compliments and I know she is glad to have it behind her.
We did go to church today and I have noticed my feet are really hurting so I'm not sure if I stepped on something or if it was just that I was on my feet too long last night.
I was exhausted today and slept most of the day but I also had a hard time winding down from the fire so I probably did not rest very well last night after the fire.
Well, that is about it. God is still in control and I continue to work to get better and also continue to pray for God's wisdom. I also pray that each of you that read this will be richly blessed by his grace and have a wonderful week.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment