Thursday, February 9, 2012

Yesterday was counseling day. As you know I fell there the last time I was there and the paramedics cut my favorite Gamecock wind breaker got be sure I had not busted my elbow. Well, the office staff and group at the counseling bought me a brand new Gamecock full winter coat. It is beautiful and it meant so much to me. I tried it on and it was a bit of a tight fit but that just motivates me to lose a few more pounds. It won't talk much and I can wear the jacket now but I just want it to look a little loser. I cannot say how much that meant to me and how it touched my heart. The counseling session went well but I did figure out that there is still a lot of things that I have to work on dealing with. I won't get into specifics here but I still have a long ways to go. I really love my counselor and the way she treats me with respect and dignity. And the fact that she is a Christian makes it all the better.

Today, I had therapy. It went well but I felt weaker than usual. I have been feeling a bit weaker lately and I am not sure why. But, I made myself get through it and he took my blood pressure and it remains good. There was about an 8 point difference between the left and right arm but they say when it gets to 15 points or more then that is when you really have to be worried. It is still something we will have to keep an eye on but the pressure was overall pretty good.

I can't explain just how tired I am right now. I'm glad to be home and I am in some pain mainly in the legs but I plan to lay down and try to get some rest.

On another note, I have really redicated myself to praying with my wife. It was my great job to join with her last night in prayer about our children, our family, my health, Jason and other things. I feel it draws us closer as a couple and will surely set a good example for our kids.

Well, that is about it for today. I'm pretty tired so I'm going to get some rest but I pray God's richest blessings on each of you and that his grace will reach out and touch you in a special way this day. Have a great day everyone and God bless,

t

No comments:

Post a Comment