Sunday, October 2, 2011

Well, to say the weekend was interesting would be an understatement. Friday night I was able to go to my first high school football game of the season. The coach and a very good friend helped me. My friend took me by golf cart to the handicapped seating and I was able to watch the entire game. It was a thriller and the biggest game in our town in a long time. And, we won!! We came from a 14-3 deficit to win 20-14. Huge for our program and while I did have some tremors I made it through it. Then, Saturday morning both Emily and I were able to sleep in. I was exhausted and I know she had to be. My daughters did their little cheer thing during half time and I could not have been prouder. They are truly the light of my life. Then, I went to see the movie Courageous with Jason. I was not in the proper mood to see the movie so I want to try and be as fair as I can to it. There are always two ways to react to a movie. You can say what people want to hear or you can say how you really felt about it so I'll do both. For those that just want to hear how great it is I'll say it has a message we all should know and if you have someone who is not saved then I would suggest not necessarily going to the theatre but waiting and buying it or renting it and watching it with them and then talking about what you just saw especially if they have children. For those that want to know how I personally felt about it, I thought the acting was not very good and the story was predictable. I kind of had it figured out in the first 5 to 10 minutes of the movie. There is one actor that did stick out though and I wish I knew his name but the only way I can identify him is he is the African American police officer. He is a good actor and did a good job. I have Fireproof, Facing the Giants, all of the left behind movies and End of the sphere and some other movies like this. 3rd behing Fireproff and Facing the Giants. The Left Behind movies are not completed yet so it is kind of hard to rate this movie with those. But, like I said, it does have a message and if you know someone who is not saved then I recommend the movie but I'm not sure I would go back to the theatre to see it again.
Then, came Sunday. Our Church normally does breakfast but we skipped that this morning because it was homecoming so once again we could sleep a little later. Problem was I slept a bit too much. I got the girls ready and Jason helped Emily with the foods so I could get my shower. We went in separate cars and I was late. I got to Church about 10 and worship starts at 10:30 so I just went on in the sanctuary and waited on Emily and the girls. I know people will find this hard to believe but I really do not like events like homecoming but Emily had worked so hard on making brownies and mac and cheese and I felt I had to stay so I did. I was able to talk with a man in our community that has the same vein disease I have. He is a double amputee something I don't expect will happen to me but it is a possibility and he shared a lot with me. I have a lot of respect for him and his wife and miss them greatly. They used to go to our Church but are now going somewhere else. I think that as the disease progresses I will certainly seek his advice and counsel. Another bright spot for me was I got to hold a baby. It is the baby of a dear friend of mine and it was such a joy. I made sure the mom was there and others just in case I began to tremor and I was seated. I held her for about 5 minutes and it really made my heart sore with joy just to hold a newborn.
Cottia has a lose tooth!! She is so excited and is ready for that first tooth to come out! I want to just freeze time but I know that will not happen. I can't believe she is in the first grade and she is growing so tall. But, she still crawls up in my lap and even though she is not a new born I treasure each and every snuggle and hug and the smell of her hair and her laughter and just the joy she brings to my heart. Eva is also growing and will be three this month. Man, is that hard to believe. One of my great joys is also holding her. I love to rock with her. She will follow me down the hall with my walker and crawl in my lap and we rock and I sing to her. I love kissing her little face and then when she is ready she knows to go to her crib and crawl up the side so I can put her in. Then, I gently cover her in her blanket and stroke her beautiful blonde hair and just fall in love with all over again. The, I walk out and take one final look at her and we both smile and I know that smile will be there the next morning and that is such a great joy.
Well, I guess that is about it. The pain in my left calf has been pretty bad today and in the left ankle but the tremors have not been too bad but I keep on keeping on. I hope everyone has a great night and may God richly bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment