Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today was Therapy day but last night was really rough. I woke with very intense chest pain and it lasted for several hours. I finally had to take the nitro spray and then it let up. This seems to be happening more often but I've been told there really isn't much they can do. So, I just take the spray when I feel it is necessary and then go back to bed. In the past I have spoken about how I am able to get around the house pretty good and that continues but today at physical therapy I really had a triumph. I was able to walk for about 165 feet with one of those 4 prong canes. I tremored a bit and worried I might fall but the physical therapist was there and I did have to stop three times but I made it. It was a great feeling.
My speech therapist said the tremors in my vocal area were there again today but again I think that was because of how tired I was from the heart issue last night. We had a good session and I am going to once a week with speech and occupational therapy but will have workouts I can do at home. As of right now physical therapy is still going to be twice a week in the hopes of getting me to walk without a walker or cane outside and in public. I believe this is achieveable and it certainly is encouraging.
The girls are find and tonight was parent teacher night. So, I stayed home with Eva while Emily went with Cottia. It is good for them to do those kinds of things together so I am glad and it gave me some time with Eva. I have been worried about the time I get to spend with her and really enjoy her spirit and zest for life.
Well, that is about it. I made sure that even though I was worn out after the episode last night I still made myself get up and go to therapy because it is so important. I was exhausted afterwards and slept a little more than I usually do in the afternoon. I had a few tremors when I got home but I made it and am so glad that I had today.
Eva is sleeping and looks like such a little angel when she is asleep and Cottia continues to grow and is really becoming quite the little lady. I love them both so much.
Emily continues to go and go and never stops. Her strength and resolve should be an inspiration to everyone. She has stuck by me and I greatly appreciate it.
Well, I guess that is about it. I have counseling tomorrow then PT on Thursday. I pray God richly blesses you all and helps us all to realize just how precious life is but the life to come is even more precious so live this life as you prepare for the next one! Have a great night and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment